How to Start the First Run
The current version of Media Center Master is 2.14. Version 1.32 has been used for many the examples in the wiki, so beware that some of the options may be expanded or look different than various screen shots.
Official/Unofficial Wiki Pages Most of the content on the wiki was written by fans and users like yourself. If a page is marked as Official, then the content was written with official information (usually by the software author).
|Media Center Master|
|A Free Meta-Data and Media Organization Solution|
|(Red text indicates your location.)|
|Bug Report||General Discussion|
|<<< edit this side bar >>>|
Step 1 - Open "Media Center Master - Settings & Preferences" window through the "Application" menu.
Step 2 - Create a desktop layout as show below, with Media Center Master, uTorrent and the Explorer windows. Attempt to get the window sizes and locations as close as possible. This will help in the next guide to follow the movements of the folders and files as they are passed from program to program and through the different folder structures. The processes will happen quickly at first and then vary in time as the processing takes place. The specific concerns to look for in sizing and location are:
- Media Center Master should be the far background window with the "Settings and Preferences" window at the top, right, just below the "Title" bar.
- Depending on the locations of the Folder Structures for Media Center Master and uTorrent, the Explorer window should not extend into Media Center Master's "Log" window (white area just above the TV Series name, "Covert Affairs"). It can extend the full height of the screen, from top to bottom. If it is impossible to show both Folder Structure locations, adjust the viewing panes for explorer to be able to see the uTorrent Folder Structure on the left, with the "New Downloads" folder selected, to see the torrent downloads on the right, when they are processed.
- The length of the uTorrent window should be as wide as possible without interfering with the folder view pane in the Explorer window. For the height, again do not let it extend into the "Log" window. Adjust the column width of the "Name" field, if needed, to be able to see the "ETA" field.
Step 3a - In the "General" tab settings, change the following time frames:
- "download new TV episodes every" - from 15 days to 1 minute.
- "run download parser every" - from 15 days to 5 minutes.
- "run uTorrent integration every" - from 15 days to 10 minutes.
- Tick the check box for "Show timestamp in the log window"
Step 3b - In the "General" tab settings... (continue using snap shot, above)
- Click the "Save" button to close the "Settings and Preferences" window, and to begin the first run of Media Center Master.
- Click the "Task" bar buttons to reopen the Explorer and uTorrent windows.